With fresh herbs, fresh lime juice and extra virgin olive oil and other spices, this salad is to live for!
This is the best damn black-eyed-pea-and-beet-salad
- 1 cup dried black-eyed peas (you can substitute canned beans if necessary)
- 2 medium beets, steamed, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sprigs chadobeni or cilantro, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse the black eyed peas then place them in a small saucepan. Cover the peas with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until peas are tender when pierced with a fork, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Combine vinegar , olive oil, black pepper and salt , whisk together. Set aside.
- Steam or boil the beets for 25 - 30 minutes or until tender. Peel and diced beets , then place in a bowl or serving dish, and top with peas, onion, garlic, cilantro and parsley. Drizzle the vinegar mixture over the salad along with the juice from half fresh lime. Serve.
Add black-eyed pea as a side to your dinner table with this colorful salad that combines beets and fresh herbs,