A truly great dish for your Superbowl or any party, I like calling this dish Guacamole & Channa Bruschetta or
Zaboca & Channa Bruschetta
However you call it, I just love the lime and cilantro flavors in this . Can be used as a dip or top your toast for bruschetta.
It’s time to make some fast and easy , you know something you can have on the table for guest in under 30 minutes. Well I decided since it was the super bowl weekend, I am going to make a favorite of my husband and myself, just with a little twist. Wait for it! Wait for it! Who am I kidding, you don’t need to wait for it, the picture has already given it away. I like calling this delicious dish Zaboca and Channa Bruschetta or Guacamole & Chickpeas Bruschetta
Guacamole & Channa BruschettaZaboca & Channa BruschettaI am all about simple appetizers when hosting a party, well at least I am trying to be all about simple appetizers. I would rather be with my guests and enjoy the party than be stressing about food. So this Zaboca & Channa Bruschetta is the ideal starter, because it is so damn easy and simple to make and everyone thoroughly enjoys it. You don’t even have to make your own bread, store bought bread is perfect for this.
Channa – Chick peas – Garbanzo beans, they are all the same.
These flavors are so great together, you will be licking your fingers and wanting more, so you better double this recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 ripe hass avocados
- 1 can chick peas (14oz), drained and rinsed
- 1 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs scallion, finely chopped
- 8 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- ½ hot pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf italian or french bread
- olive oil
- Peel and remove seed from avocado
- Scoop out avocado flesh into a clean glass bowl, using a fork and mash avocados
- Add drained chick peas, Mix
- Add diced tomatoes, Mix
- Add garlic, scallions, cilantro and parsley, Mix
- Add hot pepper , lime/lemon juice and salt, Mix
- Taste and add more salt if needed
- Squeeze some additional lime juice on top and place in refrigerator until ready to eat
- Slice the bread on the diagonal into ½" rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Toast the sliced bread in the oven for 2 minutes, then flip each piece over and toast an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and immediately brush the tops of the toasts with oil and set aside.
- Spoon a portion of the mixture onto each of the toasts and serve immediately.