with Lemon Orange Cream Cheese Glaze
You can have this on your Easter Table for breakfast or brunch #sundaybreakfast
A delicious breakfast or brunch for your Easter table. Freshly baked homemade cinnamon rolls and buns are one of my favorite things to make and eat! I used fresh strawberries and made a delicious filling for the rolls as well as some for the top along with a Lemon , Orange and Cream Cheese Glaze. These were like heaven in my mouth. If you are on a diet and you have one cheat day, then this is the day for cheating and these rolls are made for cheating days
Delicious strawberries sauce filling with cinnamon sugar and a hint of cardamon inside. OH, I’m still drooling.
Can you imagine a cinnamon roll with a strawberry sauce on the inside and out – Off course you can!
There’s nothing better than eating a strawberry filled cinnamon roll WITH the perfect glaze.
With mothers just around the corner, have some great ideas from other food bloggers.
Check THEM OUT BELOW
- SIMPLE SWEET MUFFINS by Not just Paper and Paint
- SHRIMP SALAD WITH CUCUMBER AND CELERY by Our Little Family Adventures
- RASPBERRY DARK CHOCOLATE FRENCH TOAST BAKE by the Baking Fairy
- DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 2 packages instant yeast
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- REGULAR CINNAMON FILLING
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cardamon
- FOR SPREADING
- 1 cup Softened Butter
- STRAWBERRY FILLING/Sauce
- 3 cups fresh strawberry, chopped
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- LEMON AND ORANGE GLAZE
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup half & half
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3.1/2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- MANGO FILLING/ Sauce
- 1 ripe Mango, DE-seeded and cutup or 2 cups chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ cup water
- In a mixing bowl combine 3 cups of the flour and the yeast
- In a saucepan heat the milk, the margarine, the sugar, and salt just until warm and butter is almost melted, stirring constantly.
- Add to flour mixture. Add eggs.
- Mix well by hand or with an electric mixture
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (5 to 6 minutes total).
- Shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 45 mins - 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Lightly grease two 9 x 1-1/2-inch baking pans or large size aluminum foil pans
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle.
- Brush the softened butter over dough.
- Spread strawberry filling evenly on top of the dough, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the strawberry filling.
- Roll up into a spiral/log, starting from a long side. Seal or pinch seam. Slice each roll into 12 equal pieces. Place in prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 -45 minutes).
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly; remove from pans. Drizzle on Glaze. If desired, serve warm.
- To Make Strawberry Filling/Glaze/Syrup
- Stir together strawberries, lemon juice, water and sugar in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil. Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until strawberries soften and sauce thickens. “You can also dilute 1 tablespoon corn starch in 2 tablespoon water and add to boiling strawberry, stirring constantly as a thickening agent, but this is not necessary “
- Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes. After mixture has cooled, pour into a freezer safe container and freeze until ready to spread over dough.
- To Make Glaze
- Beat together the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add lemon and orange juice, half & half and both zest and combine together.
- Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy.
- FOR MANGO FILLING or SYRUP/GLAZE
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil, then to a simmer and simmer away for about 20 minutes, blend lightly and let cool before spreading on dough