These Brussels sprouts are roasted in a very high temperature oven until golden brown and crisp, Make extra — because they’re very addictive !
I finally figured out the best way to make them, it’s all about the heat, yes heat, I don’t mean the heat from the sun or even the heat from scotch bonnet peppers. But the heat from your high temperature oven.
You also do not want to crowd the sheet /baking pan as you do not want your sprouts to steam, if they do steam they tend to get really mushy on the inside, and that is a big NO ! NO! when come to Brussels Sprout. So make sure your oven is really nice and hot before you stick those babies in.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts, and remove all discolored exterior leaves.
- In a bowl toss Brussels sprouts with garlic , oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and roast, stirring once or twice, until golden brown for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- It should be crisp on the outside and tender on the inside when done
- Serve and Enjoy!
The leaves that are loose will be especially brown and crispy, and they are so good!
*If you have some brussels sprouts that are extra large, cut them into thirds or quarters. They should all be cut about the same size to ensure even and good cooking