This is a very delicious Jamaican Jerk Sauce recipe. Jerk Sauce or Marinade is not very popular in Trinidad, at least not when I was growing up.
The first time I had anything with Jerk was in New York, the flavor was exceptionally different to my palate except for the spiciness of it, I used to buy the jerk seasoning in the supermarket, but now I make my own. Lots of trials and error, but now I think I have a good recipe here. So, play with this recipe and make it your own, add more salt or you can even add some cilantro for a more robust flavor. DO YAH THING or just use as is.
Happy Sauce Making!
- 1 ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 scallions/green onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 scotch bonnet or habanero peppers
- A knuckle of fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¼ cup freshly squeezed Lemon or lime juice
- ¼ cup canola, vegetable or olive oil
- In a blender add soy sauce, onion, thyme, scallions, garlic, peppers, and ginger , 2 - 3 pulse and a blend
- Add the ground cloves, allspice, salt, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, lemon juice and blend well.
- Drizzle oil into blender until you have a smooth puree. Taste and adjust seasonings.
You can use less hot peppers if you do not like very spicy food.
See a demo of this recipe.. Comment and tell me what you think. Enjoy