Well it’s that time of the year again when we all look for a good cranberry sauce recipe. But I was looking for an extra bite
Anyway, I ended up just using peaches and cranberries for this recipe, I actually made another one with Mango and it was just as good or maybe even better. When you make it you can decide which is the better of the two, Peaches or Mango.
Just replace the peaches with the mango if you decide to follow this recipe.
As you guys know by now that I am from the Caribbean, Trinidad to be exact, so my first experience with cranberry was at my sisters home in Brooklyn NY over 20 years ago, but it wasn’t the fresh cranberry, it was a gel of a mess from a can, but I enjoyed it for what it was until I experienced fresh cranberry sauce, since then it has been NO going back to the can stuff for me.
I have been making home made cranberry sauce for thanksgiving every year since I discovered fresh, and the kids look forward to it .
But this is my first take on adding peaches and or mango to it.. So here it goes! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 medium size half ripe peaches, roughly chopped
- Small piece fresh ginger , grated about ½ teaspoon
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- ½ cup apple cider or raspberry vinegar
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice, about 2 medium oranges
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ cup fresh cranberries
- In a saucepan, add peaches, whole cloves, grated ginger and 2 cups water, bring to a boil.
- Turn your heat to low and allow the peaches to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take out whole cloves and discard.
- Using the back of your spoon, slightly mash some of the peaches
- Add the sugar, vinegar, orange juice along with the dry spices and stir together.
- Add cranberries, Stir!
- Simmer for 15 minutes . ENJOY!