Caribbean Jerk Spiced Chicken Wings, crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, smeared in an island jerk rub then showered in the most delicious pineapple jerk sauce. This flavor combination is mad addictive.. You will not be able to stop eating these wings. They are that Good! In fact they are Finger Licking GORGEOUS!
OMG! I am so in lust with these Caribbean Jerk Spiced Chicken Wings. They make me want to start singing reggae and calypso at the same time , that’s to tell you how good they are.
It is football, yes it is Superbowl, and everyone knows that chicken wings will be on a lot of Superbowl party tables.. Just give this chicken wing recipe a try and you will not regret it.
The Pineapple Jerk Sauce is a sweet and spicy music of delicious ripened pineapple, fresh juice, a little butter, and full of love. Gorgeously sweet, or Hot and spicy as you want. It Flawlessly balances this earthy Caribbean seasoned spiced wings. Flawlessly sticky. Flawlessly Juicy. Flawlessly ready for you to make and eat on Superbowl Sunday and any time of the year. Try it and let me know. Leave me a comment, Share and like us on facebook
- 24 chicken wings with skin (approx 3 pounds), rinsed and patted dry
- Island Jerk Rub
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pineapple Jerk Sauce
- 1 cup jerk sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- Blend/Puree, pineapple juice, cornstarch and chopped pineapple in a blender, Add jerk sauce and continue blending until you have a pureed sauce, pour into a small saucepan. and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce to a simmer until slightly thickened, approximately 2 - 3 minutes. Add butter if using and mix together
- In a small bowl, mix together Island Rub Ingredients, set aside.
- Place wings in a large bowl or in a zip-lock bag. Add the Island rub and season chicken thoroughly by making sure it is coated evenly all over.
- Allow the seasoned chicken wings to sit at room temp for about 15 minutes
- Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions.
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Line a baking tray with foil, then place a rack (like a cooling rack or something similar) on the foil. Spray or brush the rack with a small amount of oil.
- Place the wings on the baking tray in a single layer .
- Bake for 20 minutes at 300 F degrees. Turn up the oven temp to 400, continue baking for an additional 25 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through.
- Turn oven to Broil. Broil to desired crispiness,about 2- 3 minutes, depending on the power of your broiler!
- Remove baking tray from the oven and let it stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Toss wings in ½ of the pineapple jerk sauce and serve with remaining sauce as a dip or you can even serve with a Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream Dip
You can also use any store bought jerk sauce/marinade for this recipe, although making at home is always the best, but to save time in the kitchen use store bought. I highly recommend Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Mixed Pack - 10 Oz Each Mild, Hot & Spicy">WalkersWood if you need to buy.