I was super , duper happy when I was given this opportunity to write a sponsored post for Minute® Rice.
Caribbean Calypso Rice for the Holidays
Its the holidays, its time to make our Colorful Rice Side Dish with Minute® Rice. I was super , duper happy when I was given this opportunity to write a sponsored post for Minute® Rice. I’m extra happy to share one of my family favorite super delicious rice recipe with you guys.
My family love this calypso rice during the holiday season, but it always takes a long time , almost 45 – 60 minutes to cook, so when I’m in a rush to get dinner on the table, especially during the holiday , using the regular brown rice DO NOT cut it for me.
As you guys know I am from the Caribbean, so most of my post and recipes are always with a Caribbean touch and this recipe is no different.
I take that back, there is a difference in this rice recipe compared to most of my other rice recipes.
Are you ready for it?
Keep reading to find out!
Minute® Brown Rice cooks in just 10 minutes, yes you heard me right, IT COOKS IN ONLY TEN MINUTES , It probably takes longer to prep the veggies for this rice dish than it takes to cook the entire dish..
Minute® Brown Rice, Is also Gluten free, its super easy to prepare AND super delicious.
DID I TELL YOU? It’s SUPER HEALTHY also, well it is ! And the best part, it cooks in 10 minutes. I’m sold with this rice, and you can be too.
This dish is very simple to make, and I served it up with a spiced Cajun Chicken, will be posting the chicken recipe shortly
Calypso Rice for the Holidays
There’s a new Minute® Rice product out which I am so trying for the holiday as well! It’s Minute® Multi-Grain Medley. It is a blend of four gluten-free foods and made with 100% whole grains, including long grain brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa and it conveniently cooks in 10 minutes well.
Visit http://bit.ly/1xCMDae for over 400 recipe ideas, great for any day of the week and any time of the day, and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
Comment below and let me know what dish will you be making with Minute® Rice for your holiday table and beyond
Calypso Rice for the Holidays
Which Minute® Rice is your favorite? Do Tell!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.
- 2 Cups Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery , diced
- 2 sprigs scallions, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme, DE-stemmed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 packs dry vegetable seasoning or bouillon (optional)
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped ,optional
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped ,optional
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot and saute for one minute
- Add garlic, bell pepper,celery,thyme and scallions ,saute for 2 minutes
- Add rice, stir well ,
- Add coconut milk , water , black pepper and vegetable seasonings.
- Stir and cook uncovered for 2 minutes ,then cover pot and reduce the heat to a simmer
- Cook rice for 8 more minutes , taste for seasoning and add salt if needed
- Add parsley and cilantro and mix in with rice
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Garnish with a sprig of cilantro or parsley.
Pairs well with a good spiced Cajun Chicken, salad and a slice of avocado